I’ve been stumbling across some beautiful mirrors during my curating and collecting over the past few months. I mean, just check out these beauties:
The truth is we often forget how great mirrors can be as a statement element of design in our homes. When was the last time you bought a mirror? Most of my friends tell me they only buy a mirror when they move into a new place that doesn’t have a full-length mirror. Or they’re renovating a bathroom and have to pick out a new mirror to match the fixtures in the updated space. But people, let’s just take a minute to appreciate how a statement mirror can really change the dynamics of any space! Here are some gorgeous uses of statement mirrors in designed interiors:
1. Add a pop of color and light in a small space, like a white powder room:
2. Create a dynamic space by layering a textured statement mirror over a cool patterned wallpaper.
3. Stick with a matching color but add texture and pattern to keep a monochromatic room from being boring…
4. Break up symmetry and lines with a playfull polka dot mirror like this one!
5. Add fun shapes in an eclectic space – like a spirograph mirror to mix in between sharp geometric pieces:
6. Use in a nursery as art and a fun way to interact with your new baby amidst all the beautiful family portriats:
Enjoy your weekend, and think about ways you can transform a small or awkward space with a statement mirror! Shoot us your ideas at @Heathertique on Instagram and Facebook!